Looking at essential SEO ranking tips …
1) The time that a visitor spends on your pages is vital. Everything that you do should push towards LONGER average user visits. Aim for at least 4 minutes for a new user and do so by using good navigation, nice design and showing LOVE for your content. Of all the proposed steps the only one that REALLY matters is PROVING to your reading audience (robots and humans) that your site is an AUTHORITY on the given topic you have chosen.
2) Your site MUST propose ORIGINAL and quality content. The VOLUME / content must EXPAND on a weekly basis over years. Make sure to have at least 800 words (per post or new page) which aim to become an authority on the given topic and/or keywords you are aiming to rank for.
See: IMAGE DESCRIPTION TAGS AS A RANKING FACTOR –Getting your image online (for good SEO) in a few important steps!
4) If you wish to index well a blog make sure to have a working sitemap. And robot.txt commands. Use Google Search Console and update manually your sitemap on each new post. Learn how Google discovers, crawls, and serves web pages. Further reading on: searchenginewatch.com
5) Disavow bad backlinks (This is something to do every 5 to 8 months!).
GET MADE IN PALO ALTO SEO SERVICES! CALL + 1 650 427-9358
6) Work on your title and description (and optionally keyword meta tag). To do this well STUDY what other quality firms do. See WHICH keywords they target. Think of HOW their work compares to your goals and optimize the text for CLICKS by making good sentence structures and not stuffing keywords.
9) Create a folder structure of AT MOST 3 folders deep. And use MORE than just keywords. Use DESCRIPTIONS and DATE structure in your folder naming!
10) Think of your website or blog as a CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS and never stop adding content. And CHECK your old posts and old pages to make sure that the outbound links you chose are still online. At time of writing a good tool for this is: https://www.drlinkcheck.com/
12) Get a coffee!
13) Use Pinterest. But do not optimize Pinterest too well as Pinterest will rank above you.
14) Seek out newspapers and university websites that might wish to speak about your projects or products. Get them to link to your home page from the name of the product not the site name.
16) Set canonical URLs for your pages.
17) Check the loading time speed.
19) Re-check your sites for good meta tags
20) Structure your text to have ONE H1 tag and make that H1 tag contain your keyword. Use anchor tags, comment tags, and most of all good sub-section (H2 and H3) tags. You should also use BOLD and write in bullet lists when possible.
– Do not assume that this is a full list. It is not.
Feedback: Contact me.