Looking at essential SEO ranking tips …
1) The length of time that a visitor spends on your pages is vital. Everything that you do to improve your SEO should push towards LONGER average user visits. Aim for at least four minutes for a new user and do so by using good navigation, nice design and content created with LOVE. Of all the proposed steps the one that, in my view, really matters the most is increasing the amount of TIME SPENT by users on your site so that the search engines will view your site as an AUTHORITY on the given topic that people searched for!
2) Your site MUST provide ORIGINAL and quality content. The VOLUME of this content must EXPAND on a weekly basis and should be updated over the years. Make sure to have at least 800 words (per post or new page) with the aim of becoming an authority on the given topic and/or keywords that you are aiming to rank for. NOTE: This is not a “rule for all situations.” Rather, it is the standard way to rank well and HOLD your ranking over time. There are some cases where what is needed is NOT so much to expand your work but rather to UPDATE and IMPROVE your existing work. Examples include GOING BACK to a page and correcting typos, adding good PDF Google Scholar sourced links that validate what you are saying, and any other tweak that is useful for the overall quality of your content.
4) If you want to get your blog indexed and ranking well, make sure to have a working sitemap. And robot.txt commands. Use Google Search Console and update your sitemap manually on each new post. Learn how Google discovers, crawls, and serves web pages.
Further reading on: searchenginewatch.com
5) Disavow bad backlinks (a lot of cowardly, low level, non-creative, bored humans spend time making link building from poor quality sites their lifelong routine. This CAN and COULD damage your ranking if not checked).
GET PALO ALTO SEO SERVICES! PHONE: +1 650 427-9358
Discover Web Headlines with a FOCUS on AI, Blockchain, IoT, SaaS and related Internet News
6) Work on your title and description (and, optionally, keyword meta tag). To do this well, STUDY what other quality sites do. See WHICH keywords they target. Think of HOW their work compares to your goals and optimize the text for CLICKS by using good sentence structure and not stuffing keywords.
9) Create a folder structure of AT MOST 3 folders deep. And use MORE than just keywords – use DESCRIPTIONS and DATE structure in your folder naming!
10) Think of your website or blog as a CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS and never stop adding content. And CHECK your old posts and old pages to make sure that the outbound links you chose are still online. At time of writing a good tool for this is: https://www.drlinkcheck.com/
11) Optimize for mobile view and touch.
13) Use Pinterest. But do not optimize Pinterest too well as Pinterest will rank above your actual site!
14) Seek out newspapers and university websites that might wish to speak about your projects or products. Get them to link to your home page from the name of the product, not the site name.
16) Set canonical URLs for your pages.
17) Check the page loading speed.
19) Re-check your sites for good meta tags.
20) Structure your text to have ONE H1 tag and make sure that H1 tag contains your keyword. Use anchor tags, comment tags, and most of all good sub-header (H2 and H3) tags. You should also use BOLD and write in bullet lists whenever possible.
– Do not assume that this is a full list. It is not.
Feedback: Contact me.